Effective Date: February 1,2020
- What information we gather about you;
- How we use and protect the information we gather about you;
- The types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances;
- The choices you have about the collection, use, and sharing of your information;
- Along with other administrative details like how to update your information with us.
Information We Collect From or About You
Below we describe the different types of information we collect from you at different points of engagement with us.
Information You Give Us: Some parts of our Sites allow you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Sites, including your name, mailing address, ZIP Code, phone number, email address, or other demographic information. This information may be collected during the registration process on our Sites and may be linked to an account number so that we can associate your preferences online and through our Services to your account.
Information Collected Automatically: As you interact with our Sites certain information is collected about you and your use of our Sites automatically. This information includes device information such as computer and network connection information, your IP address and device identifiers, your operating system and browser type; and usage information, such as your page views, traffic that brought you to our Sites and what pages you visited after our Sites, URLs that referred you to our Sites; and advertising data. We also collect transaction history on our Sites and web logs (which are aggregated and used to analyze usage of our Sites), websites you click on within emails that we send you or through pages you visit on our Sites.
Information Collected from Social Media: If you log onto our Sites through a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others, we and the social media service may share certain information about you and your activities. Your interaction with social media typically allows the social media platform to collect some information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the social media platform may recognize you through its cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the respective privacy policies of third party social media platforms to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
Location Information: We log IP (Internet Protocol) addresses, and the location of your computer on the Internet, for systems administration, troubleshooting, and for the purpose of geo targeting our own advertisements. We use the IP address log in an aggregate fashion to track access to our Sites. Additionally, when you interact with our Sites, we may collect information about your location and your device. Some of this information may be general, such as the state or city associated with your zip code, while some of this information may be more precise, such as information associated with your mobile device. Location information allows us to provide location-based services, and to tailor promotions to your locality. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of precise location services in the device’s settings menu.
Other Information We May Collect: Special Offers and Events are held from time to time in the form of contests, sweepstakes, through surveys and market research we conduct. In such cases, we collect information voluntarily from you. Each special offer or event will be governed by its own privacy terms. We will notify you if we plan to share your information with third parties, except for in circumstances where the information is shared in the aggregate and cannot be attributed to a particular person or response. You can always decline to share your information by not participating in these special events or offers.
How We Use Information We Collect From or About You
We may use information you give us or we collect about you to:
- Communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to fulfill your requests, or to provide you with offers and information about our Services or services of our affiliates and partners. With respect to your account with us, we may connect with you about news stories, features to which you may have access, surveys about our Services, and other important information like legal notices.
- To optimize, improve, and maintain our Sites including research and analytics regarding use of the Sites, identifiers that will allow us to remember you when you leave and return to our Sites.
- To provide and improve our products and services, both online and offline, to better understand and serve our users. We do so by collecting interest-based behavior information.
- To provide and manage the Services you request by processing your transactions at your request, authenticating your identity as our customer, sending you subscription material, electronic newsletters, and other features.
- Deliver interest-based advertising on our Sites as well as other websites and applications. We may use your information to deliver targeted advertisements, and offers or promotions tailored to you, on behalf of ourselves and other advertisers both as part of our Services and on other websites and mediums.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal or fraudulent. When we believe it is necessary, we will protect, enforce, and defend our legal rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of others. We comply with all applicable laws.
We may combine information collected on our Sites about you with: (1) information we obtain from our business records, (2) information provided by third parties, (3) information collected from your browser or device; or (4) other usage information collected on our Sites not specific to any one individual.
We may use information collected from or about you to create aggregated or de-identified data that does not identify you. Once the data is properly de-identified and aggregated we may share it with third parties for their purposes.
The Sites use the information we collect about you, such as behavioral, demographic and preference information to provide you with advertising and offers that are more pertinent to you. We partner with third party advertising companies to provide advertisements on our Sites, as well as on other websites and applications about our products and services that may be of interest to you.
Some of our Sites may also include advertisements or promotion content for unaffiliated products and services. All of this means users see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer’s experience and the effectiveness of the advertisements.
The advertisements you see may be based on information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies from our Sites and on other third-party websites you visit and mobile applications you use that participate in our advertising networks.
- Our Cookies: We may place a cookie on your computer with a unique anonymous number to ensure that your browser does not see the same ad over and over again, to sequence ads in a series and to measure the number of unique visitors that have viewed a particular advertisement or visited a particular Web page.
- Others’ Cookies: Third parties may use persistent identifiers to track your Internet usage across other websites and mobile applications in their networks beyond the Sites. We do not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their own uses. But third parties, with sufficient data from other sources, may be able to identify you. The information we receive from online advertising trackers allows us to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our subscriber base.
- Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4228
- Android: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads
- Windows: http://choice.microsoft.com/en-US/opt-out
Please note that opting-out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Sites or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. At this time, we do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Our Email Policies and Your Opt-out Options
From time to time, we may provide subscribers with information and offers about other products and services, including subscriptions and other premium products and services. If you do not wish to receive emails about such offers, you may opt-out. Our email policy is the following:
- Newsletters: We offer email newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, you can click the “unsubscribe” link located near the bottom of each newsletter.
- Promotional Emails: If you provide us your email address for any reason (e.g. e-newsletter signup, contest entry, site registration, etc.) you are giving your permission to receive promotional emails from us. We periodically send emails with promotions about services we offer and services offered by our partners. We will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your email address without your permission. You can always opt-out of messages you do not want to receive. If you feel you have received an email from us in error, please firstname.lastname@example.org . If you would like to opt-out of receiving email promotions, please opt-out by clicking on the opt-out link at the bottom of the email you received.
- Survey Emails: If you have not opted out, we may send you an email inviting you to participate in user surveys, asking for feedback on our Sites and existing or prospective products and services, as well as information to better understand our users. User surveys greatly help us to improve our Services, and any information we obtain in such surveys will not be shared with third parties, except in a de-identified or aggregate form.
- Emails Communications with You: If you send us emails, you should be aware that information disclosed in emails may not be secure or encrypted and thus may be available to others. We suggest that you exercise caution when deciding to disclose any confidential or sensitive information in emails. We will use your email address to respond directly to your questions or comments.
- Email This Article Feature: Our readers may use this feature to send links to articles to others through email. The email address(es) that you supply to this service will only be used to send the requested article.
How We Share Information We Collect From or About You
If you have registered to our Sites, we will not sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your email address or any information that personally identifies you without your permission. We do, however, share information about our audience in an anonymous form after removing all your personal information.
The Sites may publish summaries of statistical information regarding the Sites’ visitors for promotional purposes and as a representative audience for advertisers. These summaries will provide broad insight at to the activities of our visitors and customers without identifying any specific individual.
The following provides information about the entities with which we may share your information, or the circumstances under which we may share information:
Service Providers: We contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, including credit-card and billing processing, shipping, email distribution, online message processing, analytics or promotions management. We provide these companies only with the information they need to perform their services. These service providers are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide us services, and they may not share or resell this data.
We must disclose your opt-out information to third parties so they can suppress your name from future solicitations, in accordance with applicable laws.
Other Parties as Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Users, Employees, Property, and Services: We may occasionally release information that personally identifies you as required by law, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena. We may disclose information that personally identifies you if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Web sites; or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our users, our employees, or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
Otherwise with Your Consent or at Your Direction: We may share information about you with third parties when you consent or direct us to such sharing. We may also share information with third parties in an aggregate form that does not identify any users.
Changing or Updating Your Information
If you have an account with us, you can manage your account at our “My Account” page, where you may review and update your account information and access your transaction history. You can logon to the “My Account” page anytime to ensure your account information is accurate and up to date. To gain access to your account, you will be asked to enter your password by following the instructions on the page. If you do not remember your password, you can reset your password. If you need further assistance, please contact Customer Service at 717-291-8611 or email@example.com.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect online. While we take measures to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee that the security of our databases or that the information you supply will not be intercepted while in transit over the Internet.
Children’s Privacy: We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
California Consumer Privacy Act as of January 1, 2020
As a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act permits a consumer to ask which categories of personal information a company has collected about a consumer and specific pieces of information it has collected about that consumer. A consumer also has the right to know from which sources the company has collected the information. In order for us to provide this information to you we need to confirm your identity.
Please click here to contact us: https://steinmancommunications.com/your-privacy-rights/ or call this phone number: 1-855-201-6965.
Per CCPA you also have the right to ask us to delete any personal information we have collected about you as long as it isn’t necessary to obtain that information in order for us to deliver your subscription to you or any other transaction.
Please click here to contact us https://steinmancommunications.com/your-privacy-rights/ or call this phone number: 1-855-201-6965.
Additionally, California residents who are registered users of the Services and are under the age of 18 are entitled, in accordance with California law, to request and obtain removal of content and information that they themselves post on the Services. You may request such removal by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To effectuate this request, please provide the following information: your name, email address or your website user name, year of birth, mailing address, and a description of the material you want removed including sufficient details to enable us to locate the material. In the subject line please note that this is a “California Removal Request.” Your request does not ensure the complete removal of the material on the Internet, as some materials that you post may be republished by another user or third party entity.
Users Outside of the United States: Our Company is headquartered in the United States. If you use our Sites outside of the United States, please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain through your interaction with our Sites may be collected in your country and transferred to the United States or another country, in accordance with applicable law. By using our Services you consent to the collection, processing and storage of information about you in the United States.
Questions: Inquiries regarding our privacy practices may be sent to email@example.com or to our address: 101 North Queen Street, P.O. Box 1328, Lancaster, PA.17608-1328
The Sites rely on partners to provide many features of our sites and services using data about your use of our Sites. Below is a list of these partners with links to more information their use of your data and how to exercise your rights to opt-out.
Enabling features that are necessary for providing you the services on our site, such as identifying you as being signed in, tracking content views so that we can pay the content owners, remembering your preferences, and the number of times you have been shown an advertisement.
Allowing us to understand how our services are being used, track site performance and make improvements.
|Partner||Personal information collected||Learn more about their use of data|
|Google Analytics||No||https://policies.google.com/privacy https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/|
|Blue Venn||User behavior, subscriber or not||https://www.bluevenn.com/privacy-policy|
Delivering advertising, including tailored advertising based on your preferences or interests across services and devices; and measuring the effectiveness of advertisements on our platforms and elsewhere. You can decide what advertising cookies are stored on your browser by visiting http://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
Enabling the sharing of content from our services through social networking and other sites, and allow you to interact and connect with such social media sites while using our Sites and Services.
|Partner||Personal information collected||Learn more about their use of data, and how to Opt-out from data use|