Welcome to LNP|LancasterOnline, the web site of Steinman Communications As part of our service, Steinman Communications agrees to provide you with information and other computer services subject to the terms of this Terms of Service Agreement. Upon notice published through the service, Steinman Communications may amend or modify these Terms of Service at any time. Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service.
This site is owned and operated by Steinman Communications and contains material which is derived in whole or in part from Steinman Communications and other sources and is protected by international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any material from this site including code and software. You may download material from this site for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. LNP|LancasterOnline print subscribers may register online for unlimited digital access to LNP|LancasterOnline. Digital access for one person is included with each print subscription. Digital subscribers have unlimited access to all of the material and content included on LNP|LancasterOnline. Each digital subscription allows one person unlimited access to the site. LNP|LancasterOnline uses first name, last name and email address to define a unique user.
By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this service, you are granting Steinman Communications a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to:
Use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such communication. Sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to the communication.
The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, servicemark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction.
4. Limitation of liability
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to negligence, shall Steinman Communications, its subsidiary and parent companies or affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use Steinman Communications materials. You specifically acknowledge and agree that Steinman Communications is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with any material, or with, any of Steinman Communications terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Steinman Communications web site. In addition, Steinman Communications may allow you to purchase different types of products and services online that are provided by third parties. Steinman Communications is not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of these products and services. Your use of this site also signifies your release of Steinman Communications and its affiliates from any damages that you incur, and agree not to assert any claims against them, arising from your use of these products or services.
5. Bulletin Boards, Forums, Discussion Groups and Chat Rooms
This service may include bulletin boards, forums, discussion groups and/or chat rooms (“bulletin boards”) which allow feedback and/or real-time interaction between users, Steinman Communications and/or third parties. Steinman Communications does not control the messages, information or files delivered to any bulletin boards. It is a condition of your use of the bulletin boards and this Web site that you do not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the bulletin boards.
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, deceptive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent or inaccurate information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Post or transmit any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
- Post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or which contains advertising.
- HTML code is prohibited
- Posting of images is limited
- Users may be removed, banned, suspended or revoked at any time without notice or warning.
You understand that Steinman Communications has no obligation to monitor any bulletin boards. However, Steinman Communications reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in Steinman Communications sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these terms and conditions.
A fundamental purpose of these areas is to encourage freedom of speech and frank dialogue on all issues. However, misstatements, distorted facts and outright lies have no place in a constructive discussion either on Talk Back or within web sites linked to Talk Back. A local website recently posted an article regarding the Statewide Grand Jury’s investigation into allegations of unlawful computer use. The article contains gross inadequacies and blatant untruths. Accordingly, we will not be publishing any links to this article in our TalkBack forum.
This agreement is effective until terminated by Steinman Communications at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access any bulletin boards and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the bulletin boards, the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this agreement, shall survive.
This Terms of Service Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Steinman Communications and you with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous agreements, proposals and communications, written or oral. Steinman Communications may amend or modify this Terms of Service Agreement or impose new conditions at any time without prior notice. Such amendments and modifications shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof which may be given by means including, but not limited to, posting on Steinman Communications Any use of the service by you after such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such amendments, modifications or new conditions. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions
CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT UNDER THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA)
If you believe that materials that have been posted on LancasterOnline.com infringe a copyright owned by you, you should notify our registered agent for notices of claims of copyright infringement:
8 West King Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
The notification should contain the following information:
- Information sufficient to identify the material that you claim I infringing, including title and uniform resource locator (URL), and any other information sufficient to allow us to locate the material on our site;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the posting of the material on our site is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you declaring, under penalty of perjury that (1) the information in your notice is accurate, and (2) that you are the owner of the copyright in the material or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- Your physical or electronic signature;
Upon receipt of your notice that contains all of the above information, we will act in accordance with the DMCA.